7 Useful Tips on Packing While Moving Home
Moving or relocating to a different city is one hell of a task. Not only does it require a lot of time but careful planning as well to see the task to its completion. Unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of time with us. Most experts recommend that one should try to make at least 8 to 12 weeks of time for packing while moving home. But if you do not have that much of time then some of the tips provided in this article will prove quite useful for you and make the entire process a lot smoother and quicker. So read on and follow these tips to make this entire process a lot more fun and easy:
1) First of all gather all the packing supplies before you begin packing up your belongings. By doing so, you will be able to save yourself from frustrations that you otherwise might face if you run out of supplies while packing the items.
2) Secondly, while purchasing boxes for packing make sure that they are not very heavy. Also, when packing items in such boxes, try to ensure that they do not weigh more than 50 pounds each. Otherwise, you will face some problems loading and unloading the boxes from moving trucks. Also, do keep in mind that heavier items are placed on the bottom.
3) Some of the lighter and smaller items such as socks, scarves and fabrics should be stuffed in small spaces in boxes.
4) Do not overload the boxes, else you are going to face a lot of problem closing and sealing their tops. Also, over packing can cause damage to your belongings, which is the last thing you would want during this entire process.
5) If possible, try to pack the small items in smaller boxes and the larger ones in large boxes. Also, do make sure that you do label all the boxes, which will help you a great deal in searching the items while unpacking.
6) Small and loose items should be sealed securely so that they do not get damaged during transportation and unloading process.
7) Although it is best to avoid moving liquids, but if it is an absolute necessity then they should be carefully packed in sealable containers. Once you have done that, put the containers in waterproof bags before placing them inside the boxes. Do not forget to mark such boxes with “Up” sign.